Arbor Vita8 takes very seriously the dissemination of information about hemp. Our mission of spreading quality, justifiable, up to date news on hemp runs deep. That said, we also only seek the most sound and academically supported information available. Today’s subject of CBD & Autism comes from a recent study around the pair in Turkey.
As the article notes, “no drugs [have approval] to treat the core symptoms or cognitive and behavioral problems associated with autism. Therefore, there is an urgent need to develop an effective and safe treatment.” The authors would take two years worth of experience and relevant literature to make their case for why “CBD-enriched cannabis” is a candidate for further study here.
Breaking Down The Results
“Children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder… were followed up between January 2018 and August 2020. The mean age was 7.7 ± 5.5 years.” They also implemented varying degrees of CBD to see what, if any impact, it would have on the children’s experience.
Their follow up conferences with subjects post study revealed some interesting findings.
- “Decrease in behavioral problems reported in 10 patients (32.2%)
- Increase in expressive language reported in 7 patients (22.5%)
- Improved cognition reported in 4 patients (12,9%)
- Also, an increase in social interaction reported in 3 patients (9.6%)
- Decrease in stereotypes reported in 1 patient (3.2%)
- Parents also reported improvement in cognition among patients who adhered to CBD-enriched cannabis treatment for over two years
- No change in daily life activity reported in 6 (19.35%) patients
Looking Ahead With CBD
As stated, the authors simultaneously conducted a literary review of all relevant documentation. It also revealed some promising results. “According to recent studies… significant improvements [occurred] in behavioral problems reported in 20–70% of the patients.”